All items covered under this guarantee are by replacement only. We do not give full or partial refunds. Any expenses incurred on any returned dog and replacement are the responsibility of the purchaser. If there is an increase in price between original and replacement, purchaser will make up the difference. All pups have received proper vaccinations and worming to date. Pups shipped are accompanied by a Wyoming Health Certificate and all pups are sold with complete worming and vaccination record. Purchaser’s veterinarian must examine pup within 10 days. If we do not hear from you within that period, we will assume that you are satisfied and that the pup is in good health.
Any dog purchased from us must be x-rayed by 26 months of age. Animals over 26 months are not covered by this part of guarantee. X-ray must be read by OFA for evaluation, or sent to us to be examined. Any animal with mild dysplasia must be returned to us in order to qualify owner for a replacement. We recognize only the hip readings of approved veterinarians, or of the OFA.
PLEASE NOTE OUR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FEEDING. IN 98% OF ANY HIP PROBLEMS WE’VE EVER SEEN FROM OUR KENNEL, THE PUP WAS PUT ON ONE OF THE PREMIUM FOODS. INCLUDES THE “FOR LARGE BREEDS” LABELS. THESE FOODS ARE OK AFTER 18 MONTHS OR SO. PLEASE FEED PUP AS RECOMMENDED!
Animals with moderate to severe dysplasia may be treated as follows:
- The animal may be euthanized with the agreement of Jay or Val Walker in writing. A letter from animal’s veterinarian must be sent to Walkers.
- The animal may be neutered or spayed with the agreement of Jay or Val Walker. A letter so stating must be sent by the attending veterinarian. The animal may then be kept as a pet. It may not be entered in any AKC, or other competition, and AKC papers must be signed over to, and returned to Jay and Val Walker. If the dog is placed in another home, the owner will provide Jay and Val Walker with a letter, stating that the animal was given free of charge, and that the new owner realizes the animal’s health problem, and that it will not be used for hunting or field purposes.
- It is agreed that defective animals kept as pets will not be hunted, used in the field, in competition, or in any “service” use. If after receiving a replacement, it is found that the original animal is being used as mentioned, purchaser agrees to pay Trieven –Sungold Kennels (Jay /Val Walker) full purchase price on the replacement animal.
- Return of defective animals, and any vet expenses are the responsibility of the buyer. Any returned animals must be in good health other than the specified problem. All shipping on returned animal and replacement is buyer’s expense.
HEREDITARY EYE PROBLEMS:
Animal must be examined by a certified veterinary ophthalmologist by 3 years of age. NO ANIMAL OVER THE AGE OF 3 IS COVERED FOR EYE PROBLEMS. THEY MUST BE CHECKED BY 3 YEARS.
Owner must provide Jay or Val Walker with the exam result, and a letter from the vet, stating that the eye problem is definitely of a hereditary nature, and not due to illness or injury, nor is something that could possibly be caused from outside, or environmental reasons.
ANY ANIMAL WITH AN EYE DEFECT MUST BE RETURNED TO JAY AND VAL WALKER IN ORDER TO QUALIFY OWNER FOR REPLACEMENT. All shipping and vet fees are responsibility of owner.
OTHER GENETIC /INHERITED DEFECTS:
Animal must show any such defect by 12 months of age, and be examined by a vet. Jay or Val Walker must be notified immediately at the onset of the problem in writing. Any physical problem must be determined to be of a genetic or inherited nature, and not result of injury, etc.
Animals with any such defect must be returned to Jay or Val Walker, or be euthanized with written permission of Jay or Val Walker. Such animals will be replaced as provided below.
RETRIEVING / NATURAL HUNTING INSTINCT/TEMPERAMENT: Animals are covered up to 12 months of age
Any Trieven/Sungold pup which lacks retrieving instinct refuses to retrieve on land or water, is untrainable, or shows any vicious or unstable temperament, will be replaced as stated below. The original animal must be returned at owner’s expense, in order to qualify for replacement. Walkers must be notified IMMEDIATELY upon the FIRST sign of any of the above covered problems. LONG, ON GOING PROBLEMS, WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN REPORTED PREVIOUSLY AS STATED ABOVE, WILL NOT BE COVERED. MAN MADE PROBLEMS, SUCH AS GUN SHYNESS OR TRAINING CAUSED PROBLEMS ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS GUARANTEE.
CONDITIONS OF REPLACEMENT:
- ANY ANIMAL USED FOR BREEDING PURPOSES PRIOR TO NOTIFYING JAY OR VAL WALKER ON ANY OF THE ABOVE COVERED DEFECTS IS NOT COVERED BY THIS GUARANTEE.
- THIS GUARANTEE APPLIES TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE DOG ONLY, & DOES NOT APPLY IN ANY WAY IF THE ANIMAL IS SOLD OR TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER WITHOUT THE WRITTEN PRIOR APPROVAL OF JAY OR VAL WALKER.
- REPLACEMENT WILL BE MUTUALLY AGREED UPON BY BOTH PARTIES. IT WILL BE OF COMPARABLE BLOODLINES, SAME SEX, BREED, ETC. IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT REPLACEMENT MAY NOT BE FROM THE SAME SIRE AND/OR DAM.
REPLACEMENT MUST BE SELECTED FROM SAME PRICE RANGE AS ORIGINAL PUP. IF THE REPLACEMENT SELECTED IS HIGHER IN PRICE, PURCHASER MUST PAY PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORIGINAL AND REPLACEMENT.
- PURCHASER MUST SELECT A REPLACEMENT WITHIN 12 MONTHS OF REPORTING ANY DEFECT COVERED UNDER THIS GUARANTEE, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED UPON IN WRITING BY JAY OR VAL WALKER.
- THIS GUARANTEE MUST BE SIGNED, DATED, AND A COPY RETURNED TO TRIEVEN WITHIN 3 MONTHS OF RECEIVING THE ANIMAL OR IT IS VOID. THIS GUARANTEE APPLIES ONLY TO ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF PUP AS ON ORIGINAL AKC REG. APPLICATION.
IN CASE OF LITIGATION INCLUDING ANY APPEAL THEREOF, IS INSTITUTED ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF THIS CONTRACT, THE LOSING PARTY SHALL PAY TO THE PREVAILING PARTY THEIR REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEE. WYOMING IS THE FORUM OF CONVENIENCE AND THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL ADDENDA SHALL BE INTERPRETED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WYOMING AS OF THE DATE HEREOF.
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THOSE EXPRESSLY COVERED IN THIS WARRANTY, AND LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY.
WE GUARANTEE PUPPIES TO HAVE THE INITIAL NATURAL INSTINCT REQUIRED FOR IT TO BE TRAINED AS A WORKING GUNDOG. ANY PROBLEMS CAUSED BY HUMAN ERROR IN TREATMENT OR TRAINING, OR LACK THEREOF, ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS GUARANTEE. WE DO NOT SELL PUPPIES FOR BREEDING PURPOSES, NOR DO WE SAY THEY WILL BE SUITABLE BREEDING ANIMALS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY OF OUR PUPS WILL EARN ANY SORT OF TITLE, AKC CHAMPIONSHIP, OR OTHERWISE. THIS IS SOLEY DEPENDENT UPON THE TRAINING AND TREATMENT GIVEN THE PUPPY AFTER IT IS SENT OR PICKED UP FROM TRIEVEN -SUNGOLD KENNELS.
MUST BE SIGNED/DATED & RETURNED BY PURCHASER WITHIN 90 DAYS OR GUARANTEE IS VOID
I have read this guarantee in full & understand its content. I agree to abide by the terms as set forth in this agreement. I will send Trieven/Sungold, Jay and Val Walker a signed copy of this contract no later than 3 months after receiving the pup. I understand that this contract is null and void unless I have made sure that a signed copy thereof is sent to Trieven/Sungold, Jay and Val Walker, as specified.
PURCHASER:____________________________ ADDRESS: ___ _____________ _________________PHONE: _____________________
SIGNED: ________________________________________________ DATE OF PICK UP OR DELIVERY/ SHIPPING:_______________________________________
SIRE & DAM OF PUP: __________________________________________________
BIRTHDATE:_______________ SEX: ______ PAYMENT:____________
TRIEVEN / SUNGOLD KENNELS 1-888-874-3836 OR 307-548-6353
1558 RD. 9 1/2 LOVELL, WY. 82431 E-MAIL email@example.com